- 17.6 percent of the Lakewood population is living below the poverty line (as compared to 11.8 percent of the Washington State population).*
- Lakewood’s poverty level is 33 percent higher than the rest of the state.
- Over 26.6 percent of Lakewood’s children under 5 are living below the poverty line.
- 71 percent of the children in Clover Park School District qualify for free or reduced lunch programs.
- 66 percent of the Lakewood residents below the poverty line are products of single female parents with children.
- The number of client visits at the seven Lakewood food banks supplied by The Emergency Food Network has almost tripled since 2005.
*2010 U.S. Census